Monday, August 13, 2012

100 Cards in 100 Days - Cards 37 through 45

Card 37

Card 38

Card 39
 Cards 37, 38 and 39 are variations of Splitcoast Stampers Technique Challege TLC388 called Seamless Tiers. The technique layers solid and stamped paper. I especially like the way the fern design turned out.







Card 40 - I can't resist seaside cards in the summer. I colored this JudiKins design with watercolors.

Card 41 - I masked the center area and then stamped with sunny yellow flowers.

Card 42

Card 43

Card 44

Card 45
The inspiration for Cards 42 through 45 came from the One Layer Wednesday challenge posted by Susan Raihala to be inspired by something on her Pinterest board which is called Pure Inspiration. This was really my first exploration of Pinterest, and I have to say I drooled over all her selections. I didn't even feel like I had to make my own Pinterest board (although I did) because I was enchanted by nearly everything that she posted. I narrowed my search down to this floorcloth by Faith Wilson Art, and tried several different card designs using a tiny ginko stamp from the Amuse sushi set. I noticed that there are also some blue floorcloths with a texture that reminds me of handmade paper, so I will be revisiting this design again. Thank you, Susan! By the way, here is my Pinterest board.

1 comment:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Hi Beach Girl!

Your 100 cards in 100 days are awesome! What a fantastic idea.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wanted to become a member of yours but I do not see the "join" button. (I am still a newbie to the blog world!)

Have a a good weekend!